About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

10.21.2005

Andrew's Apology and Other Updates

On Tuesday, I got a cell phone message from Andrew apologizing, saying he was in the wrong and I was right to be upset, and they didn't want to lose me. That did make me feel better. Am I a terrible person for not getting around to calling him back? I have a built-in hiatus from the Gospel choir (until Nov. 13) and it is just so nice to not have to deal with it for a month.

Weather Update
It has finally cooled down to jacket/coat weather, about 50 degrees. I love it. I can finally wear long sleeves, even at work (the studios are now "only" 75-80 degrees) and I no longer need a fan contantly pointed at my face attempting to dry off the sweat. Our house really holds the heat. Even when it gets down to 45 at night, it's still in the mid-60s inside, and that's without the heat on. Every day we keep thinking we'll have to break down and turn it on for the first time since April, but we still haven't. I love beating the system and saving on our gas bill by not using the furnace!

Fitness Update
This week I'm down 2 more pounds and another 1/4" off everything. My jeans are loose enough that they look better with a belt(!) This hasn't been the case for over 2 years.

I've moved up from my beginner videos to the more intermediate ones I haven't used for over 5 years. I'm taking it somewhat easy. They're kicking my butt, but I'm staying just this side of overdoing it. I'm 5 years older and, oh, 35 pounds heavier and my joints and feet don't appreciate some of the high-impact stuff.

I did a little research online to discover what's new with The FIRM's exercise videos, reading lots of reviews. It turns out the the original founders of The FIRM are now in their mid-fifties, and have come out with a new line of workouts for people over 35 that incorporates aerobics, strength training, Pilates and Yoga, with an emphasis on functional fitness, flexibility, and good workouts that don't kill you or strain your joints. I thought, perfect! and promptly ordered the whole master set. It should get here in 2-3 weeks. I can't wait!

No comments: