About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

2.25.2006

"I Thought He Brought Somebody Else!"

Paul and I have been able to consistently take our ballroom dance lessons every two weeks since New Years, and we're really making excellent progress. We always make an effort to go to the Saturday night dance party at the Cavana Ballroom the same day as our lesson so we can solidify and practice what we've just learned. Well, besides, it's really fun!

Tonight I wore my black stretch pants and one of my new tops that fits close to the body (it has some spandex). I must say, it sure is fun to dress like this--I feel like a different person. Since we're only there at most twice a month, we are always greeting people we haven't seen in a while. Four or five different people complemented me on my weight loss and said I look great!

I have to share the comments from one older couple that cracked us up.

She: You look like you've lost a lot of weight.
Me: I have.
She: You look great!
Me (beaming): Thank you!
He (to Paul): You know, I saw you here a couple of weeks ago, and (to his wife) I thought he brought somebody else!
She: We didn't recognize you.
He: But then I realized, That's his wife!
She (to Paul): And we knew you weren't that type.

No comments: