About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

3.01.2006

"Rate My Life" Quiz

Just for fun, I took this online quiz. Some of these quizzes are off-the-wall ("What Kind of Fruit Are You?") but this one asks questions that actually make sense. My results were pretty much what I expected, except "Friends & Family" was lower than I would have thought:
This Is My Life, Rated
Life:
8.3
Mind:
7.9
Body:
8.2
Spirit:
7
Friends/Family:
5.6
Love:
9.1
Finance:
8.5
Take the Rate My Life Quiz

I guess that's because I answered "1 or 2" when it asked how many good friends I have. (Hi, Darce!) I guess it depends on your definition of "good." I have a lot of church friends who I really connect with, but we don't invest a ton of energy in getting closer. Some energy, yes--we go out to lunch, invite each other to our parties, are involved in covenant groups and church activities together, and have occasionally provided support for each other during hard times. But it's not like we call each other or hang out on a regular basis.

I've always been one to invest most of my relationship energy into my significant other. I think I've gotten better but that's still my default setting. Is that so terrible?

1 comment:

Brünhilde Wunderfrau said...

Hey Karin! Great to talk to you recently. :) XO

I didn't take the quiz, but I totally understand what you're saying. I think that most people's default setting *should* be to put their significant other first before all other social contact.

The problem for me is that I'm working with 80 other musicians during the day. Constantly having to be receptive and open to sensory input at my job sort of sets me up to thrive on being fairly antisocial the rest of the time. ;)

David was talking about this with me the other day. He commented that we haven't really bonded with people since we came to Milwaukee, and he's right. So much change and flux has happened since we moved here - my new job, engaged/weddingplanning/wedding/honeymoon, auditions, new house - that I haven't even noticed that lack. But I'm going to try to be more outgoing socially and to try to really connect with some of the friends I have already made here. Just to go the extra mile to really bond, you know?

XO Darcy