About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

3.14.2006

I've Made Goal!!

Well, technically I am jumping the gun a tiny bit posting this, since I still have 1/4" left to lose on my waist, but I consider that a rounding error. If I were the type to go through life sucking my stomach in (I'm not), I would already be there and then some. At the rate I'm going, I will have lost it by this coming Monday---and then I will be done with this weight loss project!!

I have lost 40 pounds in 6 months! Here are some stats:

Bust: -7.0 inches
Waist: -7.5 inches
Hips: -6.75 inches
Thighs: -4.25 inches each
Total Body Volume: -5.26 gallons*
Percentage of original body weight lost: 21.74. (I'm only 78.26% of the woman I used to be!)

*I read somewhere that 7.6 pounds of fat=1 gallon. Weird thought.

________________________________________________________________
I have been looking forward to posting my Before and After pictures for months. Here I am Before:



August, 2005. Here's another from the same trip, and you can see better what I looked like without the big shirt. I was probably above what I think of as my starting weight of 184.

Mostly I felt I looked at least okay, although I tired easily and my feet often hurt. However, there were some views I almost never got to see that were a bit eye-opening. This pic of the back rolls was one of the catalysts that helped me decide I wanted to do something about it.

___________________________________________

And now (my favorite part!) the After photos, taken this afternoon. Here I am in new clothes I bought last week, still glowing from my workout:

I saved my biggest pair of jeans just for these next two pics--they are the same ones I was wearing in the Before pic above. (I always wanted to do the Cheesy Weight-Loss Product Ad pose.) They look a little different on me now:




I promise this is the last weight-loss post I'll make. Maintenance is just too uneventful to blog about. I'll still do the same amount of exercise, and I'll eat the same way, just a little more food, like having my sandwiches with 2 pieces of bread instead of one. I know, having learned the hard way, that if I want to keep this up, I'll have to stay mindful of what I eat (at least most of the time) for the rest of my life. But now that I've made the commitment for a lifestyle change, I plan to be successful at it. I'm even giving away all of my old clothes tomorrow, not keeping them "in case I gain." You read it here first.

I'm gonna need a new hobby now.

1 comment:

Brünhilde Wunderfrau said...

Hey girl! Congratulations! I think you look great at any weight, but the fact that you feel better is really key.

And I laughed out loud when you said "cheesy weight loss pose" - that whole angling of the knee to one side to give the illusion of more of an hourglass shape - is SO hysterical! They do that pose all the time on TV when they're advertising some new diet pill and I laugh so hard when they do it. They just look so silly, don't they? Especially when the first pose (the "fat" one) is with them standing with both feet planted firmly shoulder width. Ha ha!!

Anyway, congratulations. Maintenance isn't as hard as initially losing, but you're very wise to stay vigilant. It follows that if you achieved this weight loss by cutting excess calories, then it will come back on if you add those calories back in. I'll be rooting for you!

Darcy