About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

5.29.2006

Jewels: Sculpting Tomorrow's Artists

Saturday was show day, and the premiere of Galion. I got to wear a new (skinny!) black outfit and play for three pieces, two of which were my original compositions. I felt very privileged that I get to do this. The theater was freezing, as usual, so my hands never fully got warm, and when the curtain went up an even chillier breeze blew onto the stage. I felt a bit of an adrenaline rush but it was just enough to focus me, not enough to make things start falling apart. I thought it went really well and the kids looked beautiful as always.

We weren't allowed to take pics on the theater, even during rehearsal, or the union guys would have a fit, so I took some during the dress rehearsal at the studio on Thursday afternoon. Here are the Level 2 and 3 students in their final pose:

Here are Paul and I in the accompanists' dressing room after the show. What a great evening!

No comments: