About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

8.23.2006

Married 3 Years

For the first time ever, we were not on vacation on our anniversary (Aug. 17th) this year. Paul worked all day and I played for Troy's class until 8:00. Though we did a lot of our celebrating during our Calif. vacation, we wouldn't think of letting the actual day pass unobserved.

When I got back from class, we drove 2 miles up the hill to the scene of much of our wedding weekend, the top of Cedar Hill. The door to the Alcazar Hotel was wide open. We walked right in, and after asking the guy at the counter for permission, walked out to the central courtyard in the fading light. Nothing had changed since that sunny afternoon 3 years ago, and we had the place to ourselves. We even found "our bench" and took a couple of pics.

Then (August 17, 2003)

Now (August 17, 2006)
And without a flash:

We had dinner at The Mad Greek (the scene of our rehearsal dinner) and shared a glass of very good Napa Valley Chardonnay, then went home and finished the other 2 truffles from our trip.

We have an unbroken tradition of going out dancing on our anniversary weekend wearing our wedding attire. This year, I was afraid I wouldn't get to wear my dress because it's 8" too big around on every measurement. In fact, it's so big, I'm not sure it's alterable without taking the whole thing apart, resetting the shoulders, etc. But I tried it on anyway, and lo and behold, I can get away with it because it's so light and it's supposed to be flowy! The sheer outer layer disguised the extra folds of fabric underneath quite nicely. So it hangs a little low--that I can deal with.

On Saturday, we got to dance in our duds, including the hats, which was romantic and great fun. Paul always looks gorgeous in head to toe blue striped seersucker!

No comments: