About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

5.21.2008

The Most Convenient Flat Tire Ever

I've been saving my cash tips from Stages since January,and I was originally going to blow all $137 of it at the Sephora store, but decided instead to visit the bike store out in South Euclid to get some gear that would help me feel safer when riding on the 99.99999999% of Cleveland roads without bike lanes.

I got out of rehearsal early last night and rode out Mayfield road to the store (it's about 6 miles from our house). Strangely, there was no bike rack to park when I got there, so I locked it up to a stair railing, a rather awkward enterprise. I was inside, ready to buy a white mesh high-visiblity vest, some white reflective tape for my (black) backpack, and a rearview mirror that needed to be installed on my left handlebar.

When asked if I were "handy," I admitted I was not and that I would be happy to pay them the $6.50 installation fee. So we went to retrieve my bike. The guy noticed my rear tire was almost flat, much to my disbelief (I had just pumped them up), but lo and behold, it certainly was. Evidently, I had run over and embedded a metal spike right through the tire on my way there, and it was (of course) in the back wheel, the one with all those fun gears. Lucky, lucky me! Of course, this is guaranteed to happen sooner or later, and I can't think of a more convenient time it could have happened. They changed and replaced it while I waited. I suppose I should learn how to do that myself, since it won't always be this convenient.

I feel a lot safer now, and I still have $50 left over to spend at Sephora.

3 comments:

Brünhilde Wunderfrau said...

OOOOOH, Sephora!! My mothership!! ;)

Whatcha gonna get???
**rubs hands excitedly**

Karinderella said...

I don't know what I'm gonna get yet! I was planning to just go there, check everything out, and splurge on something totally unnecessary! (Yes, I know, that describes everything in the store) I will definitely let you know! My trip out there could be as early as tomorrow. :-)

Brünhilde Wunderfrau said...

How much fun!! Some time I'll have to tell you about the amazing Bobbi Brown eyeshadows I've found - they're cream based, but they have some polymer that makes it adhere and it NEVER SMUDGES or creases. And they have a pot eyeliner that uses the same formula that also adheres. I'm not lying, if I put this stuff on in the morning, it looks like I just put it on at the end of the day! And it comes off with just regular eye makeup remover. I also love Bobbi Brown's color palette - very natural! :)