About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

2.02.2008

Looong Day at the Piano

It looks like I'm now on the regular rotation at Stages. They want me every weekend! But two nights there back to back last weekend had the result of an achy back and glazed eyes staring at the computer writing my essay until 1 am both nights. Once in a while, okay, but this is no way to live! So this time, when offered both nights for the next month, I said I'd be delighted to do one night each weekend. So much more sane! I finished this week's essay last night so I don't have to work on it tonight at all.

Good thing, too. Here is my day today:

9:00-11:30 am--my usual two ballet classes at CSD , only an hour earlier than usual

1:45-5:00--back to CSD to play for the audition for the summer program at the School of American Ballet. If last year is any indication, 70 students will show up from all over the region, and it will be fast-paced and required me to be at my most quick-thinking.

I am then scheduled at Stages from 5:00-8:00. Yes, this means I will be late (which I hate). And I won't have time to eat anything save something portable I can inhale behind the wheel of my stick shift while hurtling down Carnegie Avenue (likewise).

Just think, I decided to go back to school because the jobs were thinning out and now look! Well, it does beat not having enough to do.

2 comments:

Brünhilde Wunderfrau said...

So cool that the work is picking up (but odd, yes, now that you've found other ways to keep yourself busy!). What is Stages? Do you get paid?

As for portable foods, thank goodness for granola/power/protein bars, no? :)

Karinderella said...

Stages is the restaurant attached to the Cleveland Playhouse, about a 5-min. walk from our house(see "High Notes" post from 1/24/08 for more details). Yep, I get paid. Much as I love playing, that kind of commitment for volunteer work just ain't happenin' with my life this busy now!

Luckily for me, the SAB audition ended early so I had a little breathing room between gigs and wasn't late for Stages tonight after all. :-)