About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

5.30.2005

Birthday Party Cookout


We spent today at Bruce's 1st birthday party (Bev & Fred's). There must have been 30-40 people there. Fortunately, the weather stayed gorgeous. Bruce napped during the mid-afternoon (that would explain the partially-devoured birthday cake while we were singing Happy Birthday in the pic above). There were huge amounts of food which we ate constantly for at least 2-3 hours, lots of conversations, and several cute kids under the age of six, none of whom we were responsible for. ;-)

Fred poured a celebratory bottle of Jagermeister into little shot glasses, encouraging me to try it. I've heard of it, but had no idea what it was. Everyone else was chugging theirs and it didn't take me long to figure out why. It tasted mostly like Robitussin cough medicine, with anise and prune flavorings for good measure. Kinda nasty, but even the 1/4 inch or so I consumed gave me a buzz. Paul didn't like it either. One of Fred's friends generously offered to take it off my hands. All in all, a great day.

I've updated karint.com with new pix (see link in 5/28 entry).

1 comment:

Brünhilde Wunderfrau said...

Hey sweetheart! I finally found your blog link deep in the recesses of my "family" folder, where your emails automatically go. Yay!

Your picnic sounded fun and fabulous. And boy howdy that shot of whatever you drank sounded nasty. I'm just not much of a drinker, I guess...

XO Darcinderella