About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

5.12.2005

Why is This so Funny?

So many things make me laugh. Satire, irony, absurdity, situations, even a good word play. But the kind of thing that gets me laughing until my abs hurt and I've cried off all my eye makeup? More often than not, it tends to good ol' bodily functions. The first time I saw
Farting Preacher Two * with Darcy and Paul, the three of us were howling.

Usually I'm the one laughing until I'm crying, and Paul is laughing more at me than at the farts, poop, barf, etc that set me off. But this time, he actually had to leave the room because his stomach was hurting and he was crying. I have never seen him laugh so hard, which of course set Darcy and me off even more.

The artist who edited this video is a comedic genius. The preacher often pauses and makes funny faces, gestures, etc, providing perfect opportunities for "sound effects." He'll say things like, "I feel something billowing and bellowing out of me," "that was prophetic," "Jesus spoke that through me," "I was meditating," etc., all of which add to the hillarity. As Paul says, "He thinks it's the Holy Spirit, but really it's just farts."

So we may think we're spiritual beings on a different plane from all other animals, but sooner or later some bodily function will bring us down to earth at a most inappropriate time. See, potty humor can be profound!

Here are some more pages, for your enjoyment, that caused me many a belly laugh and nose blowing:

Doodieman
How to poop at work

* There are also Farting Preacher One, Three and Four, but Two is our sentimental favorite. In fact, we watch it periodically for a good laugh at bedtime. Our euphemism collection has been considerably enriched. "Hello!"

1 comment:

Brünhilde Wunderfrau said...

HA! The farting preacher made it into a blog entry! Now I know that my life is complete and worthy! Ha ha ha ha!!

My favorite Doodieman buttons are the whip s#!& and the meditating one. =^D

XOXOX Darcisabella