About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

5.06.2005

Sucky work schedules

We were planning to see Verlezza Dance do their spring concert at Tri-C East tonight. The problem was, it started at 8 pm and I didn't get out of work until 7:30, thanks to an extra rehearsal for the spring performance. I almost bought our tickets in advance, but decided not to in case the rehearsal ran late/I felt like the Bitch From Hell due to lack of dinner, etc. In any case, Paul would have had to meet me up at work--we would have had to gun it and maybe been late anyway.

Well, it turned out that he got stuck working late due to a malfunctioning machine and didn't get home until almost 8:00.
:( BOO!

Silver lining #1: thanks to my caution, we're not out the money.
Silver lining #2: I guess we'll "settle" for going out to Mi Pueblo for dinner instead.

1 comment:

Brünhilde Wunderfrau said...

Karinabella,

Ooh, babe, sounds like a stressful time. :( But yes, you were very wise to not buy them in advance; you are a major planner and are very organized with regard to your schedule, so the fact that you
*hadn't* done it before the night of the performance showed that you had doubts about the feasibility.

So did you have a nice time at Mi Pueblo anyway? ;)(Dumb question...)

XO Darcisabella