About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

6.23.2006

Great Times With Darce

Yesterday I had the special treat of hearing the high-profile debut of Darcy's group, The Milwaukee Brass Quintet. They were awesome and got a well-deserved standing ovation. Darcy had arranged a couple of the numbers and even got credited for it by the MC, something she was not expecting!

I got a closeup during the sound check. I figured it wouldn't be too cool to stand right there in the middle blocking people's view during the actual concert!

Here they are during the performance.

Behold the magic of an optical zoom lens!

Darcy got to play MC a couple of times.

The teeming multitudes enjoying the music.

Right after the concert, all five of them had to rush to the performing arts center for a 2 1/2 hour rehearsal for the Milwaukee Symphony concert that night. So I was turned loose with a map downtown to check out the Old World 3rd Street area and the Grand Mall.

I had lunch at the Jewel of India. I am proud to report that, for the first time ever in my life, I ate at a sit-down restaurant, by myself, with no book. I felt a little self-concious but it was fine when I concentrated on my food. I got the buffet lunch and particularly enjoyed the spinach paneer and chicken marsala.

At the mall, I discovered a store I'd never been into, Dress Barn, that has some really cute stuff that's pretty inexpensive, so I bought a multi-colored pastel t-shirt (to replace the one I loved that's now too big for me) and a pretty yellow and peach chiffon dress with a little yellow sweater that I wore last night for the concert.

The concert was American Favorites, the kind of things you hear on the 4th of July, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Here's a great pic of Darcy and me taken in the lobby afterward: Today we went out for an excellent Italian lunch and did some more shopping, takling a mile a minute the whole time. I really wish we could do this more often! Love you, Darce!

No comments: