About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

6.14.2006

Heading off to San Diego Tomorrow

.....for the Sister Singers Network 25th Anniversary Festival. 13 women's choruses (chorii?) from across the country, including Windsong, will be performing, attending workshops, cheering each other on, networking, socializing, and participating in a giant mass chorus performance on the last day. One of the mass chorus numbers has a piano part, and Your Truly is playing it. :-)

I've had a busy day today, starting with getting my car to the shop by 8 am. My air conditioning system is apparently full of leaks (hence no cold air). Unfortunately, the compressor is among the leaking parties. About 8-10 different parts of the system need repair, but I was too paralyzed by the $870 estimate figure to have any recollection of which parts they might be. I decided to suck it up, although it's painful, because I do intend to keep the car at least 7-8 more years, and if I didn't care about working air conditioning, I just would have kept my last car before this one. My sweet husband gave me a ride back from the shop, making the rest of my day so much easier.

So far today I've gotten done: a workout, 5 loads of laundry, a couple of time-sensitive phone calls and mailings, recorded and uploaded Galion, and made a list of things I want to be sure not to forget to bring (such as travel alarm). Oh, and a little practicing. All that's left to do is whatever more practicing I want to do and PACK!

Gotta get up at four in the morning for a 6:30 am flight, and I'll be getting back on the redeye special at 6:47 am Monday morning. I probably won't have computer access the whole time, so see ya then! Pictures and stories to follow.

No comments: