About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

6.12.2006

Technical Difficulties?

Does the sound clip link not work for you? :-( Shoot, it works fine from my computer, but maybe there's something I didn't do correctly. Can you hear it from my homepage on putfile.com? I sure hope so. Let me know.

I've also posted it on www.karint.com/MyMP3s , but it takes a lot longer to download there (it's almost 5.7 MB). If that doesn't work, I'm really gonna be discouraged. That site is part of my dad's domain name, www.webfooters.com, and I'm not sure how much data it can hold. If I start using it for big music files, they may just take up too much room.

I spent the evening trying to learn how to make a podcast. My Dad learned how to do it a few months ago, as shown in this blog post. Granted, Dad is very quick to learn this type of stuff, and I know that, but he made it sound fairly simple. So I followed his link to the about.com podcast tutorial. It seemed simple and clear, but I have zilcho experience with code. It seems they left out a few details about how to make an rss file, specifically how to enter the date. I used the rss validator link, which shows you if your rss feed is valid, and it pointed to errors in the date field, but I have no idea what it is supposed to be. I gave up in irritation after an hour and a half.

I spend so much of my time doing things I'm already good at, I'm not used to not being able to get something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karin! It works on your karint.com page, but I can't get the putfile one to work. (Although sometimes it's a problem with my Mac vs. Windows media.)

Brava on the Tarantella, BTW.

Karinderella said...

Thanks, Monica! :-) Oh, Mac vs. Windows media issues. (rolls eyes at operating system companies) That sucks that putfile and Macs don't always get along. But at least I know now it wasn't something I messed up.