About Me

My photo
I'm a pianist, happily married. Socially progressive, chocolate lover, interested in the nature of reality, alternates between being a slacker and being a grind.

7.24.2005

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Check this out. I have finally figured out how to include more than one picture on a post. :-)

Yesterday we had a great time with the Bokuniewiczes. After waking up around 9:30ish, the seven of us gathered around the newly clean and uncluttered kitchen table and breakfast bar while Paul made toast and fried eggs and I prepared coffee, orange juice and fresh fruit.

Paul, Marina and I practiced our trio together for the first time. It actually was pretty smooth going for the most part, each of us having practiced and listened to the CD for the past couple of months. After an hour and a half, we decided to quit while we were ahead, knowing it would be fine for today's performance.

I love that we live so close to everything. We were able to leave at 2:40, drive the 4 miles to downtown, find parking, walk to Jacobs Field and find our seats at a leisurely pace, and still be on time for a 3:15 baseball game.

Check out Paul's hat:
He, Tom and Marina all graduated from Oberlin, so this Oberlin Conservatory hat was a hit.

Here's another gratuitously cute couple pic, courtesy of Marina:

This panorama shot came out really skinny because I stitched it from 7 pics.Paul and Marina are close-up on the left.It was a gorgeous day, sunny, in the 80s and not humid, our seats were in the shade, and the Indians won in an exciting 9th inning. All the pics from yesterday can be seen here.*

As far as the performance at today's service, it went pretty well. Not flawlessly, but that didn't bother us. It was Paul's first public performance in 20 years, and I thought he sounded beautiful. In fact, I think the music was the high point of the service! :-)

They Bokunowitzes decided to go home today instead of tomorrow, so Paul and I have spent the afternoon reading the paper and doing a little clean-up, a very atypical Sunday for us. Usually we would both be working! The downtime feels good.

*My website, www.karint.com, now has my full name as a header on it and a link to this blog, making both much more visible on search engines. I didn't even notice until I uploaded the pics today. Thanks so much, Dad! xo

2 comments:

Brünhilde Wunderfrau said...

Loved the pictures! Your hair is getting so long! I love it!

I tried to upload a picture to my Blogger profile...we'll see if it shows up! ;)

LOVED your pictures...how the heck did you do the panorama thing? "Stitching"? I couldn't see a single seam!

XO Very impressed with you,
Darcinderella

Karinderella said...

Thanks, Darce! :-)

My camera has a panorama mode, which makes it easy to overlap several consecutive pics. The software has a photostitch wizard that seamlessly combines them with hardly any skill from the user.

BTW, nice pic on your profile, and I love the sepia one, too.